A high percentage of Nigerians have mobile phones and read SMS messages. This is more than the percentage that has emails or even read their emails. SMS marketing is something every business owner should try out.
Bulk SMS is a way of sending SMS messages to a massive list of phone numbers. Sending bulk SMS is cheaper and more efficient than when you try to send the messages individually.
Nigerian mobile network providers charge about 4 Naira for a single message. If you are sending a message to 10,000 phone numbers, that will cost you about 40,000 Naira.
There are bulk SMS websites that charge as low as 1.50 Kobo per SMS.
Why Bulk SMS is preferable in Nigeria
Between marketing with SMS and E-mail, SMS is more efficient in Nigeria.
Many Nigerians are not used to checking emails often. SMS is instant; you do not need an internet connection to check SMS messages.
Below is an Infographic from slicktext comparing Email Marketing and SMS marketing.
To implement SMS marketing into your business, you need to use a reliable bulk SMS provider. A reliable bulk SMS service provider will deliver your messages at the right time.
I have used some Bulk SMS providers and my messages were not delivered. Besides, my SMS credits were deducted.
5 Reliable Bulk SMS Providers in Nigeria
1. EbulkSMS: EbulkSMS is a bulk SMS provider owned by Human-Aware Real-time solutions limited. Using the domain whois, this company has been around since 2013.
EbulkSMS has great tools on their platform; there is a tool to verify phone numbers, find network providers of numbers and service to remove invalid numbers.
This company also has a WordPress plugin that uses the EbulkSMS gateway to send SMS. With this plugin, you can send Bulk SMS directly from your WordPress website.
You can see EbulkSMS price list here.
2. BetaSMS: BetaSMS is a premium bulk SMS service provider owned by Text Beta Ventures. They have worked with top brands like Coca-Cola, AirFrance, Chams, British American Tobacco etc.
BetaSMS also offers VoiceSMS services (Robocall), Email Marketing etc. As it is customary in marketing, you should not spam your email list; BetaSMS offers an opt-in and opt-out service. This way, clients who no longer want to receive your messages can easily opt-out.
Check out BetaSMS pricing here.
3. KudiSMS: KudiSMS has been around for a while now. The company is owned by O-One Conceptz. A few of its clients are the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Living Faith Chapel, Cheki, Jobberman.
This Bulk SMS provider also has nice tools like its phone number extractor and Text-to-speech feature.
KudiSMS also offers Robocalls. Robocalls are automated calls that use a computerized autodialer to deliver prerecorded messages.
There is a mobile app by KudiSMS that allows you to send bulk SMS to all the contacts on your mobile phone.
4. Multitexter: Multitexter is owned by LordAndi SolutionsCorp. This bulk SMS service provider has been around since 2013.
Multitexter offers cheap but reliable bulk SMS services to its customers.
Check Multitexter price here.
5. BBN SMS: Browser Based Network SMS is an SMS service provider that has been around since 2008. It is one of the first bulk SMS websites in Nigeria.
BBN SMS allows you to send SMS to any phone number in the world. Sending to international phone numbers cost more than sending to local numbers.
You can check the price list of BBN SMS here.
These websites mentioned here are top-notch bulk SMS websites in Nigeria. Their service may not be as cheap as some other service providers but they are worth the price.
This list was not ranked in any manner. I will update this post as time goes on.
Do you know any good SMS marketing provider that was not listed in this article, you could drop a review in the comment section.
Get more Updates like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Login to your email to confirm subscription..
Something went wrong.