The Zenith Bank Token is a device that allows Zenith bank customers to perform internet banking transactions with an extra layer of security. Without the token device, customers cannot transfer money, buy airtime, pay bills, etc on the Zenith Bank Internet banking platform.
You can get the Zenith hardware token device by walking into a Zenith Bank branch across the country, request for an Internet banking application form; you will be issued a token device once you have been registered for internet banking.
If you misplaced your token, you don’t need to re-register for internet banking. All you need to do is to visit a Zenith Bank office and tell the customer care that you want to request for a new hardware token device.
As at the time of publication, the Zenith bank token cost 3,500 Naira Only.
The token device looks nice, and you could attach it to your key holder. The token could last you up to three years – longevity depends on how often you use it.
Features of the Zenith Bank Token
If you are considering getting the token device, let’s take a look at what this device can do for you;
1. Extra Security
There are many scenarios where people get robbed off their mobile phones, the thieves access the user’s bank account through the information gotten on the phone, and then transfers money from the victim’s bank account with the help of a soft token.
Soft tokens are the SMS codes sent to mobile phones to validate a transaction. Obviously, the thief has the phone, he receives the soft token and enters it online to confirm the payment.
This is not possible with a hardware token like the Zenith Bank token. To transfer money from an account, the thief must have access to the Zenith hardware token device and the customers four-digit pin.
Transactions cannot be completed on the Zenith bank internet banking platform without the customer’s preset four-digit pin and the code generated from the token device.
2. Increases Transaction Limit
Zenith bank also has a mobile app for customers who do minimal transactions daily. The Bank transfer limit on the Zenith bank mobile app is 100,000 Naira daily.
Meanwhile, on the Zenith bank internet banking platform, customers can transfer as high as 5,000,000 Naira daily.
Customers cannot access internet banking without the token device
3. Internet Banking
As stated earlier, the token device gives you access to the Zenith internet banking platform. Once you go to a Zenith branch to request for internet banking, the token device will be issued to you and 3,500 Naira will be deducted from your account balance.
As opposed to the mobile app, the internet banking gives you access to a lot of features you cannot find on the mobile app.
For example, you can make Remita Payments on the internet banking platform while you cannot do this on the mobile app. Let’s say your debit card was stolen, you can easily deactivate your Zenith bank debit card through internet banking without calling customer care.
To use the Zenith Bank Token device, you must be an account holder at Zenith bank Nigeria and you must apply for Internet Banking.
I assume you have already applied for the Zenith internet banking
How to Activate A Zenith Bank Token Device.
When you have been issued a token device, it is your duty to activate it. The bank staffs won’t allow you to use their computer system to do such, it’s against bank ethics.
In this part of the article, you will learn how to activate the Zenith bank token by yourself.
You can activate the token device by creating a Token pin.
- Click this link to access the Zenith Bank Token activation web page https://www.zenithbank.com/HardwaretokenPinCreation.
- Enter your ten-digit Zenith Bank Nuban account number and click proceed.
- An OTP code will be sent to your phone number or email address registered with the bank.
- Enter the OTP code sent to you.
- Bring out the token device from the pack.
- Turn the device to the back to reveal the Zenith bank token number. A token number is a 10-digit number specific to each device. No two token devices can have the same token number.
- Enter the token serial number without the dash (-) or space.
- Input any four-digit pin that you can easily remember and click on proceed.
If the activation is successful, you should see a confirmation message on the website.
How to Use the Token for Internet Banking
Now that you have successfully activated your Zenith Bank token device, you can log in to internet banking and perform any transaction you want.
- Visit the Zenith Bank Internet banking web page at https://ibank.zenithbank.com/InternetBanking/
- Select “Pin and Token” from the drop-down menu options. The pin and token option is the default.
- Enter the four-digit pin you created in the previous step.
- Press the white button on the token to reveal the 6-digit token code.
- Enter the token code generated without leaving any space between the 4-digit pin and the token. I.e you write the 4-digit pin and the toke code together without space.
- Click on login.
Now that you have access to the Internet banking dashboard, you can navigate to your desired option. You will be required to enter your four-digit pin and token code to complete any transaction.
Remember that the four-digit pin and token code must be written together without any space.
How to Reactivate a Disabled Token Device
For some reasons, your token may be disabled after several unsuccessful attempts to log in to your internet banking dashboard. This may be as a result of continuously entering the wrong pin.
To reactivate the token device, you have to contact customer care support through the Zenith Bank website.
A customer rep will ask some questions concerning your Bank account.
List of possible questions include;
- Date of Birth.
- Last two transactions
Once you have answered at least two of the security questions correctly, your Zenith Bank token device will be reactivated.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get new updates
Login to your email to confirm subscription..
Something went wrong.