Guaranty trust bank is also known as GTB is one of the most popular banks in Nigeria. This bank is mostly used by the youth and young at heart. Gtbank is the pioneer of internet/mobile banking in Nigeria. With Gtbank mobile app, customers can perform mobile banking transactions without going to the bank.
The Gtbank mobile app is available on the Android Playstore, iOS app store, Blackberry and Nokia app stores. Customers could also use the Gtbank mobile app on a computer by using NoxApp android emulator. To use this platform, Gtbank customers have to register for Gtbank mobile banking.
In this post, you get to see how to register for Gtbank mobile banking on your mobile phone and how to use the Gtbank mobile app.
How to Register for Gtbank Mobile Banking
Like I said earlier, you have to register for mobile banking before you can use the mobile app on your phone. The good news is that you can register for Gtbank internet banking without going to any branch of the bank. Follow the steps below to register;
- Create a Gtbank internet banking ID and password by dialling *737*6*5# on the phone number registered with the bank.
- Your Gtbank UserID and password will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Follow the procedure in the message to change the password. The password must be changed within two hours.
After successfully registering for the Gtbank internet banking, the username and new password can be used to log into Gtbank mobile app.
You can download Gtbank mobile app for your device with any of the appropriate links below;
- Download Gtbank app for Android.
- Download Gtbank app for iOS.
- Download Gtbank app for blackberry.
- Download Gtbank app for Nokia.
How to Login to Gtbank Mobile App
Tap on the app icon on your device and wait for the app to load. After it loads, you should see an image like the one below.
Enter your Gtbank UserID and password to log in. Once you are logged in, you can see all your accounts with Gtbank.
You can actually save the username and password on an android password manager so that you do not forget it.
How to transfer money on Gtbank mobile app
Before now, you had to have a Gtbank token device before you could transfer money on the GTbank online banking or mobile app but that has changed. Customers can either generate a token code via USSD or press the white button on the token device.
- Log in to the mobile app and enter your login details.
- Click on the three stripes at the top-left corner of the app.
- Click on transfer.
- Select the suitable options.
- Select the account you want to transfer from.
- Select the account you want to send to or click new to add an account.
- Enter the amount and any remark about the transaction and click continue.
Press the white button on the token to generate the pin or dial *737*7# on your mobile phone and enter the last six digits of your Gtbank debit card to generate the token code. The token code expires after some seconds.
Input the code into the space provided to transfer the money.
There are a lot of other things that can be done through the Gtbank mobile app. You could do the following;
- Buy Airtime.
- Pay for Gotv or Dstv.
- Pay utility bills.
To perform any of the transaction above, just click on the three stripes at the top-left corner of the app, click on the desired tab and follow the instructions to transact.
Are you having issues with the Gtbank mobile app, let’s hear from you through the comment section below.
Get more Updates like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Login to your email to confirm subscription..
Something went wrong.