Last updated on November 13th, 2019 by Chris. Akuneme
The Lagos State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) will begin to recruit 1,000 teachers from Wednesday 13th of November to Wednesday 20th of November 2019. This is in line with the states Government vision to improve the states education to world standard.
All interested and qualified Nigerians who reside in Lagos state can visit the application portal at tescomjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng to register once the application is open.
The State Government seeks Secondary school teachers who will major in the following subjects;
- Basic Science.
- Business Studies.
- Christian Religious Knowledge.
- Civic Education.
- Computer Studies.
- Guidance and Counselling.
- Islamic Religious Knowledge.
Qualification for Lagos State Government Teaching Job
Applicants must possess any of the following;
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) and a First Degree.
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed/B.Sc Ed/B.A Ed) in Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Technology, Home Economics and other courses relevant to the subjects listed above.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Higher National Diploma (HND) and Technical Teachers Certificate (TTC)/Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE).
How to Apply for the Lagos State Government Teaching Job
- Visit the application portal at tescomjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng.
- Click on Sign on to begin the registration process.
- Enter your email address, username and password. If you don’t have an email, read our article on how to create a new email address.
- Tick the “I’m not a robot” box and click continue.
- Sign in with your email address and password.
- Fill in your personal information. You can find the page to fill your personal information here. Please note that you will need a LASRRA number at this stage.
- Fill in your Academic Qualifications. You can access the page to fill in your qualifications here.
- If you have a Professional Qualification, you can also fill that here.
- Fill in your Work Experience if you have any. You can access the Work Experience page here.
- Once you are done with the steps above, you can apply to teach any of the available subjects by clicking here.
- Print the application slip after you have applied for the Job.
Applicants must have the necessary qualification as each application will be scrutinized.