The Unilag foundation programme is also known as Unilag Jupeb or Unilag diploma. It is a one-year programme that let’s successful candidates gain admission into Unilag 200Level. You could also call it the Unilag pre-degree programme.
Successful candidates after completing the one year programme and passing the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) exams would be admitted to study courses offered in the Unilag degree programmes at 200 level. Sucessful candidates could also be offered admission into the University of central Lancashire, University of Bedfordshire, De Montfort University, University of Birmingham (UK), and Soochow University, China.
The Unilag foundation programme is not available for visually impaired students and it is strictly non-residential. Non-residential means students won’t be given hostel/accommodation in the school.
Who can Apply for the Unilag Foundation Programme?
- Secondary school graduates who want to study in Unilag.
- Jambites who could not gain admission into Unilag through post-utme/screening.
Unilag Foundation Programme Admission Requirements
Candidates who are interested in this programme must have at least five credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects obtained in one sitting. Unilag accepts WASSCE/SSCE, GCE, NECO. O’level results must be gotten before applying for the form. Awaiting result is not accepted.
Please note that The University of Lagos has zero tolerance for sexual harassment, drug abuse, anti-social behaviors and examination malpractice. All admitted students will undergo a compulsory medical test by the institution.
Unilag Foundation/JUPEP/Diploma Subject Combinations
Below are the subject combinations that will be offered to students of the foundation programme. Note that, this are not the subjects required to gain admission into the programme. For the required subjects, read the previous paragraph.
- ACC_BUS_ECO >> SFS01
- ACC_ECO_GEO >> SFS02
- ACC_ECO_GOV >> SFS03
- ART_CRS_GOV >> SFS04
- ART_CRS_MUS >> SFS05
- ART_GOV_MUS >> SFS06
- ART_LIT_MUS >> SFS07
- ART_MAT_PHY >> SFS08
- BIO_CHE_PHY >> SFS09
- BIO_ECO_GEO >> SFS10
- BIO_ECO_GOV >> SFS11
- BIO_ECO_LIT >> SFS12
- BIO_MAT_PHY >> SFS13
- BUS_ECO_GOV >> SFS14
- CHE_ECO_MAT >> SFS15
- CHE_PHY_MAT >> SFS16
- CRS_FRE_LIT >> SFS17
- CRS_GOV_MUS >> SFS18
- CRS_GOV_YOR >> SFS19
- CRS_GOV_IGB >> SFS20
- CRS_LIT_HIS >> SFS21
- CRS_LIT_MUS >> SFS22
- ECO_GEO_GOV >> SFS23
- ECO_GOV_ISS >> SFS24
- ECO_GOV_LIT >> SFS25
- ECO_MAT_PHY >> SFS26
- FRE_GOV_ISS >> SFS27
- FRE_HIS_ISS >> SFS28
- GOV_CRS_ECO >> SFS29
- GOV_HIS_ISS >> SFS30
- GOV_LIT_HIS >> SFS31
- GOV_LIT_MUS >> SFS32
- HIS_GOV_CRS >> SFS33
- ISS_GOV_LIT >> SFS34
- LIT_GOV_CRS >> SFS35
- LIT_HIS_ISS >> SFS36
- MAT_GEO_ECO >> SFS37
- MAT_PHY_GEO >> SFS38
- GOV_ISS_ECO >> SFS39
- BIO_CHE_ECO >> SFS40
The subjects above are subject codes. The translation of the subject codes above can be seen below;
- MAT >> Mathematics
- ACC >> Accounting
- BIO >> Biology
- ART >> Visual Arts
- CHE >> Chemistry
- ECO >> Economics
- BUS >> Business Studies
- FRE >> French
- HIS >> History
- CRS >> Christian Religious Studies
- GEO >> Geography
- IGB >> Igbo
- LIT >> Literature in English
- GOV >> Government
- ISS >> Islamic Studies
- PHY >> Physics
- MUS >> Music
- YOR >> Yoruba
List of Courses offered in the Unilag Foundation Programme.
Below are the list of courses offered in the Unilag foundation/JUPEB/Diploma programme;
- Foundation In Accounting.
- Foundation In Actuarial Science.
- Foundation In Adult Education.
- Foundation In Architecture.
- Foundation In Biochemistry.
- Foundation In Biology Education.
- Foundation In Botany.
- Foundation In Building.
- Foundation In Business Administration.
- Foundation In Business Education.
- Foundation In Cell Biology & Genetics.
- Foundation In Chemical Engineering.
- Foundation In Chemistry.
- Foundation In Civil & Environmental Engineering.
- Foundation In Computer Engineering.
- Foundation In Computer Sciences.
- Foundation In Dentistry.
- Foundation In Early Childhood Education.
- Foundation In Economics.
- Foundation In Economics Education.
- Foundation In Educational Administration.
- Foundation In Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Foundation In English.
- Foundation In English Education.
- Foundation In Estate Management.
- Foundation in Finance.
- Foundation In Fisheries.
- Foundation in French.
- Foundation In Geograph.
- Foundation In Geography Education.
- Foundation In Geology.
- Foundation In Geophysics.
- Foundation In Guidance & Counselling.
- Foundation In History & Strategic Studies.
- Foundation In Home Economics.
- Foundation In Human Kinetic & Health Education.
- Foundation In Industrial Relations & Personel Management.
- Foundation In Insurance.
- Foundation In Integrated Science.
- Foundation In Law.
- Foundation In Marine Biology.
- Foundation In Mass Communication.
- Foundation In Materials & Metallurgical Engineering.
- Foundation In Mathematics.
- Foundation In Mathematics Education.
- Foundation In Mechanical Engineering.
- Foundation In Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Foundation In Medicine & Surgery.
- Foundation In Microbiology.
- Foundation In Music.
- Foundation In Nursing Sciences.
- Foundation In Petroleum & Gas Engineering.
- Foundation In Pharmacology.
- Foundation In Pharmacy.
- Foundation in Philosophy.
- Foundation In Physics.
- Foundation In Physics Education.
- Foundation In Physiology.
- Foundation In Physiotherapy.
- Foundation In Political Science.
- Foundation In Psychology.
- Foundation In Quantity Surveying.
- Foundation In Radiography.
- Foundation In Russian.
- Foundation In Sociology.
- Foundation In Sports Science.
- Foundation In Surveying & Geoinformatics.
- Foundation In Systems Engineering.
- Foundation In Theatre Arts.
- Foundation In Urban & Regional Planning.
- Foundation In Visual Arts.
- Foundation in Yoruba.
- Foundation in Zoology.
How to Apply for Unilag Foundation/JUPEB/DIPLOMA Programme.
- Visit the Unilag website at www.unilag.edu.ng
- Click on the “Prospective students” menu and click “School of Foundation studies.
- Go through the information posted on subject combinations relevant to the course you want to study for direct entry admission.
- Complete the pre-form to get a payment reference number using the applicant’s name.
For Candidates whose parent is a Staff of Unilag
- Click on the staff biological child link.
- Provide the five digit staff ID number.
- Select the appropriate name on the staff children list to obtain a Payment reference number.
- The cost of application form and online practice test is 25,000 Naira (excluding bank charges).
Return the Unilag website and click on the school of foundation studies, click on continue application. Login to the portal with the payment reference number generated in the previous step. Note that, applicant’s surname is the password and it should be entered in lower case (small letters).
After successfully logging into the registration portal, complete the registration with the correct details and print out two copies. The two copies should be brought along with the candidate during the entrance examination.
The registration for the Unilag Foundation programme started on May 8, 2017, and it closes on Friday, 30th June 2017.
The examination holds from 10th-14th July 2017. Candidates should log into the school portal to check examination date and venue.
The examination is a computer-based type. Five subjects will be done in the exam. The subjects that will be done in the exam depends on the course the candidate wants to offer. Mathematics and English are compulsory and contains 20 questions each. The three other subjects (15 questions each) are based on the intended course of study. A total of 85 questions will be answered in 1 hour.
Candidates should adhere strictly to the examination schedule and endeavor to be punctual at the exam venue.
The Unilag Foundation programme result will be posted on the school website on Tuesday 25th June 2017.
Important Time and Dates
Registration/Verification: 31st July – 11th, August 2017 (For successful candidates only).
Lecture: The Lecture commences on 14th August 2017.
Period of Programme: 31st July 2017 – 30th June 2018.