Yabatech Bakkasi Hostel guts Fire 

0
8

At the early hours of this morning, Yabatech Bakkasi female hostel gut fire. The fire which started in one of the hostel rooms burnt almost half of the rooms in the hostel second floor.

 

Yabatech Bakkasi Hostel FireReports says that the fire was caused by an electric surge in one of the hostel rooms.

One of the students that was interviewed has this to say; “The fire started in a room after mine, immediately it started, the only thing I could escape with was my wrapper. All my documents and certificate have been burnt by the fire”.

Yabatech bakkasi hostel fireYabatech bakkasi hostel fire

Another student says her laptop which contains her final year project was ravished by the fire.

Though no death was recorded, some female students fainted due to shock from the incident.

Yabatech bakkasi hostel fire

The school fire service arrived early but could not stop the fire. The Unilag and Lagos State fire service also came to the rescue.

The School management has hence suspended all academic activities in the school until further notice.